Metal Roofing in Essex, CT
Family-Owned & Operated Roofing Company
Finding a company you can trust is crucial when it comes to your roof. A single leak could cause thousands of dollars in water damage, and during Connecticut’s harsh winters, the last thing you need is a roof that collapses under the weight of the snow. At Branford Roofing, we provide emergency and non-emergency roofing services for metal roofs. We help residents and businesses across Essex and the surrounding communities in Connecticut. If you would like to learn more about our metal roofing services, please call for a free estimate.
Call our Essex roofing company at (860) 546-3300 to talk to a professional!
Metal Roofing: Pros & Cons
Steel, aluminum, and other metal roofing materials may offer certain advantages and disadvantages. Being well-versed in these can help you make an informed choice when it comes to your roof. When you talk to a roofing expert at Branford Roofing, you will find that we take the time to answer your questions and address your concerns. Your satisfaction is our primary goal!
The following are the primary advantages of metal roofing:
- Durability: A properly installed metal roof should last as long as the building it is on. Metal roofing effectively seals out water, sheds snow, and is resistant to mildew, rot, and insects. We offer a 20-year warranty on our metal roofing services.
- Lightweight: Metal roofing materials are lightweight compared to tile and concrete. Metal roofing may weigh 50-150 pounds per 100 square feet, whereas concrete tile may weigh 750-900 pounds per 100 square feet.
- Additional Benefits: Metal roofing also has the highest Class A fire resistance rating and requires minimal roof pitch with maximum shedding of rain and snow.
The following are the primary disadvantages of metal roofing:
- Cost: A metal roof may be more expensive than other materials. This is offset, however, by the long-term durability of this material.
- Noise: Heavy rain and hail can make a tapping or drumming sound on a metal roof. With proper insulation and structural barriers, our Essex roofing company can handle this issue.
- Denting: Denting is possible in some metal roofs, particularly if made of aluminum or copper. Other metal roofing materials are guaranteed not to dent. We can talk about which option may be best for you.
Contact us at (860) 546-3300 today!